Read Through the Bible
Annually, we encourage people to read through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. We think it is an excellent goal for the New Year. We are offering three different charts to help you read a little each day. This is a journey you'll never forget and that you will probably want to repeat again and again. We recommend using different Bible translations.
Do you want to read the Bible from cover to cover? If you answered yes, then make it your goal for 2014. A word of advice: don't get discouraged or give it up if you're a day or a month behind. Even if it takes two years or more, it doesn't matter. It is the dedication to familiarizing yourself with God's Word that will bring great rewards.
Book Review: Are you looking to read the Bible through in a year or seeking spiritual study tools? Consider reading one of these Bibles. A couple of them are study Bibles with notes about people, places, words, and events.
- Select a translation that is easy for you to understand.
- Choose a plan that helps you get the most out of your study.
- Don't allow time to defeat your progress. Whether it takes twelve months or twenty-four months, your goal is to read and understand your Bible. Don't let the temptation to quit because you missed a day or a week or a month keep you from your goal of reading your Bible from cover to cover.
- Find a time of the day that works best for you. I have found 15 minutes in the early morning and 15 minutes before turning off the lights helpful in pursuing my goal.
- The Bible is a collection of 66 books. Approach each one with prayer. Pray before and after you have read each day's passages. What are you learning about God? What are you learning about your relationship to God?
- Read Why Study the Bible; How to Study the Bible and the I Want to Know the importance of studying the Bible by Rev. Dixon.
- If you find that you have questions, write to us. We'll be happy to hold up your hands!
- Share your fruitage with BibleWise.