Kids and Sunday School Resources
Projects and Activities
Fun and Games
Read a Story
Abraham's and Sarah's Journey
Read Genesis 11:27-13:18
Lot and Abraham Part Ways
Read Genesis 13-14
Read Genesis 15:1-8
Hagar and Ishmael
Read Genesis 16; 21:9-20
Sarah and Isaac
Read Genesis 18:1-16; 21:1-8
Lot, Healing, Sacrifice
Read Genesis Chapters 18-22
Holy Land Tours
- Beersheba - The story of Abraham, Sarah, Hagar, Ishmael and Isaac, the story of Lot's wife and Sodom and Gomorrah, the story of David, Abigail and Nabal.
- Jericho to Jerusalem - Jesus is tempted in the wilderness, parable of the good Samaritan, the story of Jesus' birth, judges holding court at city gates, Abraham and Isaac sacrifice
- Peniel - Abram and Sarai travel to Canaan, Abraham's servant finds a bride for Isaac, Jacob steals Esau's blessing, Jacob wrestles with the angel, Jacob and Esau meet with love
Adult and Teen Resources
Articles — Everyday Living
- God Revealed As Seen Through Abraham's Eyes and Ours - Each time God talked with Abraham, the patriarch gained a greater understanding of God. We, too, can see God, El Shaddai, as sufficient to meet all our needs.
- Our #1 Relationship - The relationships with our friends, parents, siblings, and significant others can overshadow our relationship with God. However, as Abraham demonstrated throughout his life, when we set ourselves right with God, and prioritize him in our lives, our other relationships fall into place.
Guests — Everyday Living
Parenting — Everyday Living
Book Reviews — Everyday Living
- The Legacy Journey - Finances are personal, but there's nothing more intimate than consulting the Scriptures and talking finances with God. Dave Ramsey's "The Legacy Journey" outlines practical ways to save and explores the biblical view of wealth.
Bible Characters — Bible Study
- Abimelech, King of Gerar - Abimelech wants Sarah for himself. Abraham lies and says Sarah is his sister. God speaks to Abimelech and preservers his innocence.
- Ben-ammi - Ben-ammi was Lot's grandson from his younger daughter. He was conceived after the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Hagar - Sarah's egyptian maid becomes the mother to Abraham's first son Isaac.
- Ishmael - Ishmael was Abraham's firstborn son. His mother was Sarah's handmaiden, Hagar.
- Lot - Lot is Abraham's nephew who chooses the land of Sodom because of it's apparent beauty and fertility.
- Melchizedek - Like Abraham, king Melchizedek believes in the supreme God who created all and given Abraham the victory. In the name of God, the Most High, Melchizedek blesses Abraham.
- Moab - Moab was Lot's grandson. He was the offspring of Lotís eldest daughter.
Questions and Answers — Bible Study
- Abraham's Second Wife - Why in Gen 25:1 is Keturah called Abraham's wife and in Gen 25:6 she is called his concubine?
- Abraham, Isaac and Their Wives - There are three separate stories in Genesis where either Abraham or Isaac lie about their wives being their sisters. Why is this story repeated again and again?
- Age of Patriarchs - Why did Noah, Abraham, Sarah and others live so long? Noah starts building an ark at 480 years of age. Sarah gives birth to a son at age 90. Are these real ages?
- Hagar - What do we know about Hagar?
- Similarities between Abraham and Isaac and Jesus and God - Do you see a tie in between Abraham almost sacrificing Isaac and God/Jesus?
- Sodom and Gomorrah - In reading the accounts of Sodom and Gomorrah, I've been wondering if scholars have found any traces of these cities? What do they think happened to them?
Books of the Bible — Bible Study
Relationships — Teen Time
- Our #1 Relationship - The relationships with our friends, parents, siblings, and others significant can overshadow our relationship with God. However, as Abraham demonstrated throughout his life, when we set ourselves right with God, and prioritize him in our lives, our other relationships fall into place.