Kids and Sunday School Resources
Projects and Activities
- Bible Character's Prayers - Draw the name of a Bible character, tell about them, and then write or say a prayer they might have prayed
- David and Goliath - (young children) A measuring and comparing exercise that helps children undertand the size of Goliath
- David and Goliath (LEGOs®) - Matthew tells the story of David and Goliath using LEGOs and PowerPoint
- Help in Goal Setting - How do we put God first in our lives?
- Hezekiah's Strengths and Weaknesses - Read facts about Hezekiah and select what you feel are the 10 most important parts of his life
- Learning How to Pray - (3 to 5 year olds) Young children teach a doll or stuffed animal to pray
- Psalm Writing - A Psalm is a prayer to God, telling Him about what's happening in your life.
- Students Interview Esther - Dress up as Esther and let the students interview you to better understand the story. This activity includes interview questions you can print out for your students.
- Trusting and Listening to God
- Twenty Questions with Bible Characters - Students are given the name of a Bible character. They research the character at home. The next week they answer questions about that character while other students try to guess who they are.
- A Video Story of Esther - Three 11-year-old girls wrote a script of a modern day reporter interviewing Esther and her husband, the King. They gathered information from the book of Esther, the Apocrypha version of Esther that includes her prayers, and other resource books on Esther and the customs in those days of King Ahasuerus, her husband.
Fun and Games
Read a Story
Three Hebrew Boys
Read Daniel 3
Read Daniel 6
Tower of Babel
Read Genesis 11
Read I Chronicles 4:9-10
Read I Kings 17-II Kings 2
Read I Kings 3
Read I Samuel 1-2
Read I Samuel 17-20
Read I Samuel 3
Read II Kings 18-20
Read II Kings 2-13
Listen to a Story
Holy Land Tours
- Below the City - King Hezekiah's tunnel, Jesus heals blind man, Jesus heals man at the pool of Bethesda
- Meteora - The monks of Meteora put their faith in God above all else and save Christianity for themselves and the Greeks.
Adult and Teen Resources
Articles — Everyday Living
- The Best Way to Fit In - Social media adds pressure for teens to fit in. Here are ways to help them fit in the right way. It applies to work, too.
- When There's No Human Help, There's God! - When we are beyond the help of others, do we surrender to death? Of course we don't! Surrendering to the mortal world and the idea of death will never help us; however, surrendering to God is guaranteed to help
Guests — Everyday Living
- Immaculée Ilibagiza – Author and Speaker; Genocide Survivor - Immaculée Ilibagiza, survived the 1994 Rwandan genocide, living in a bathroom for 91 days in silence. Learn how she came to know God, found her prayers answered, discovered what it means to forgive, loves and forgives freely, and is sharing her story with others.
- John Lupher (Part 2) - John shares insights on creating successful partnerships, giving, overcoming limitations, working with bureaucracies.
Healing Messages — Everyday Living
Parenting — Everyday Living
- The Essence of Summer - Summer reminds us to enjoy life, moment by moment, as we center our attention on God.
- Isaiah 54:11-14 - Isaiah assures us that God keeps His Word - and that each of us can be at peace right where turmoil appears to be. The more we know "of" God, the more peace will reign and all sense of turmoil will fade away.
- To Let — A Higher View - To "let go and let God" is an act of participation, not retreat. It's to get out of God's way all the while affirming that God is right here, operating, governing, adjusting, dissolving being God.
Book Reviews — Everyday Living
- The Weigh Down Diet by Gwen Shamblin - What if you could '"lose weight, stay slim, and find a new you"? Would you do it? Get ready to be "filled and fulfilled" with The Weigh Down Diet. Gwen Shamblin's approach accentuates "God's power – not will-power."' When it comes to dieting, she says, "Man-made rules will not work."
Relationships — Teen Time
- What Are We Planting? - What are we planting? Selfishness or service? Complaint or gratitude. We get out what we put in.
Identity — Teen Time
- The Best Way to Fit In - How do you fit in at school? What if you don't try? Find out the possibilities.
- A Safe Place - If we're ever in an unsafe situation, God can lift us out. And we can feel safe, especially when we listen.
- When There's No Human Help, There's God! - When we are beyond the help of others, do we surrender to death? Of course we don't! Surrendering to the mortal world and the idea of death will never help us; however, surrendering to God is guaranteed to help.
Making a Difference — Teen Time
Questions & Answers — Teen Time