Kids and Sunday School Resources
Projects and Activities
- Interview a Woman from the Bible - Either the teacher pupils or both come dressed up as a woman from the Bible. Ask someone to be the reporter; this person will interview you by asking questions about your life.
- Miriam Facts for 3-5 Year Olds - Explore fun facts about Miriam written specifically for 3-5 year old children.
- Miriam Facts for 6-12 Year Olds - Explore fun facts about Miriam written specifically for 6-12 year old children.
- Name some mothers in the Bible
- Tamar Facts for 3-5 Year Olds - Explore fun facts about Tamar written specifically for 3-5 year old children.
- Tamar Facts for 6-12 Year Olds - Explore fun facts about Tamar written specifically for 6-12 year old children.
- A Video Story of Esther - Three 11-year-old girls wrote a script of a modern day reporter interviewing Esther and her husband, the King. They gathered information from the book of Esther, the Apocrypha version of Esther that includes her prayers, and other resource books on Esther and the customs in those days of King Ahasuerus, her husband.
Fun and Games
Read a Story
Read Esther 1-10
Hannah Prays for a Son
Read I Samuel 1:1-3:18
Mary and Martha
Read Luke 10
The Angel Talking to Mary
Read Luke 1:26-38
Zelophad's Daughters and Women's Rights
Read Numbers 27:1-11
Read Ruth 1-4
Listen to a Story
Holy Land Tours
- Magdala - Jesus' sermon on the mount and the home of Mary Magdalene
- Megiddo - People visit judges at the gates of the city, Boaz and Ruth, Absalom (David's son)
- Moab - Moses and the Children of Israel, Balaam and his donkey and the angel, Herod's sons, John the Baptist is imprisoned, Ruth and Naomi
Adult and Teen Resources
Guests — Everyday Living
- Lynne Bundesen – Author - Lynne shares her discovery of the feminine nature of God as Mother, which comes directly from Biblical text. Read on to learn about women of the Bible and the Christ.
Healing Messages — Everyday Living
Book Reviews — Everyday Living
- The Feminine Spirit by Lynne Bundesen - The Feminine Spirit is a welcome companion to Bible study. Lynne Bundesen debunks the male-dominated views of the Bible and rolls away the stone from the stories voiced by women, shedding light on spirituality and gender roles.
Bible Characters — Bible Study
- Eve - God creates Eve to be of help to Adam. Learn more about Eve, the Garden of Eden, and the serpent.
- Hagar - Sarah's egyptian maid becomes the mother to Abraham's first son Isaac.
- Miriam - Miriam is the elder sister of Aaron and Moses. She suggests to Pharaohs daughter that a hebrew woman nurse baby Moses and thereby reunites Moses with his mother.
- Tamar - Tamar's name means "date palm, or food or life." Her story can be found in Genesis 38.
Books of the Bible — Bible Study
Life and Times — Bible Study