Jesus' Birth (The Nativity)
Sunday School Projects & Activities
Fun & Games
- And His Name Shall Be Called - Fit the many names for Jesus into the puzzle
- The Angel's Message - Connect the dots to see what the angel told the shepherds
- Angels' Message - Use the symbol code to uncover the message the angel told to Mary
- The Birth of Jesus (Crossword) - Find the answers to this puzzle in Luke 2:1-12
- Christmas Unscramble - Unscramble the names of people that were part of the Christmas story
- Color the Christmas Angels - A fun color by number picture of Christmas angels
- Coloring Page - Creating the Christmas Nativity
- Coloring Page - Gifts for Baby Jesus
- Coloring Page - Love, Joy, and Laughter
- Coloring Page - Make A Joyful Noise
- Coloring Page - Mary and Joseph with the Inn Keeper
- Coloring Page - Mary and the Angel
- Coloring Page - Mary and the Angel
- Coloring Page - Mary, Joseph and the Baby Jesus
- Coloring Page - Mothering Telling Her Children the Nativity Story
- Coloring Page - Stable Where Jesus was Born
- Coloring Page - The Angel Telling the Shepherds the Good News
- Coloring Page - The Three Wise Men Following the Star
- Connect the Dots - Follow the numbered dots to create a picture of Mary and the baby Jesus.
- Draw Your Own Gifts - In the three empty boxes draw the gifts you would give baby Jesus
- Find the Message - Cross out letters to find out why Mary laid baby Jesus in a manger
- Find Your Own Guiding Star - Write down the qualities that guide you to make good decisions
- Finding Jesus Maze - Help the wise men through the maze to the baby Jesus
- A Gift for Jesus - What would you give baby Jesus as a gift? Draw your gift in the space below.
- Gift Match - Match the gifts the wise men gave Jesus with their purpose
- The Gift of God's Love - Break the code to find God's gift
- Gifts of the Magi - Unscramble Gift Wise Men Gave to Jesus
- Glory to God in the Highest - Fill in the blanks using the code. Then make the angel.
- Good News of Great Joy - Read the story of the angels and shepherds and complete the maze
- Hidden Pictures - Find 3 stars, 2 bells, 1 angel, 3 crosses, 1 staff and 2 candles hidden in the manger
- His Name Is - Decode the name of Elisabeth's and Zacharias' son.
- If Jesus Were Born Today - Draw what you think the world would look like where Jesus was born if he were born today. Would there be theaters, gas stations or hotels? Who would visit him?
- Jesus Departs for Egypt - Follow the maze to help Mary, Joseph and Jesus escape from Herod
- Jesus Goes Home - Fill in the missing pieces from the picture of Joseph, Mary, and the baby Jesus. Color the finished picture.
- Jesus is Born - Read the story of Jesus' birth. Then find your way through the manger maze.
- Joseph's Dream - Use the symbols to discover the angel's message to Joseph about Mary
- The Journey - Complete the math equations to put the story of Jesus' birth in order.
- Little One Shepherd - Help the shepherds find the baby Jesus in the maze
- Luke 2:12 - Guide the Shepherds through the maze.
- Make Your Own Nativity - Color and cut out the animals/characters and glue them in the stable
- Matching Tools - Draw lines to connect Joseph's matching carpenter tools
- Missing Objects - Compare two pictures to find the missing items
- Nativity Crossword - Read Bible verses about the nativity to complete the crossword puzzle
- Nativity Puzzle - Put statements from the story of the nativity in the correct order. Use the Gospel of Matthew as a guide.
- Nativity Quiz - Read about Jesus' birth in Matthew and Luke see if you can tell which answers are true and false. Explain why something is false.
- Nativity Word Search - Find the main characters in the Nativity story
- North Star Maze - Help Mary and Joseph get to Bethlehem
- Peace Doves - Color and cut out the peace dove, write qualities of peace on the back
- Picture Story - Use the picture to fill in the missing words from the story of Gabriel's visit to Mary
- Prophecy Match - The Old Testament has many prophecies. Match the Old Testament prophecies with their fulfillment in the New Testament.
- Same & Different - Read the statements below and decide if each statement describes Matthew or Luke's account of Jesus' birth or both.
- The Star Maze - Guide the three wise men through the star maze to the manger. Be sure to pick up their three gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh on your way.
- Three Gifts - Circle the three gifts the wise men brought to Jesus when he was born.
- What I Learned from Mary, Jesus' Mother - Questions about Mary, Jesus' Mother
- What's His Name - Use the Bible verses to discover the many names of Jesus
- What's in the Stable? - For younger children – have them identify the things that might have been in the stable where Jesus was born.
- Where Was Jesus Born? - Cut out the squares and put together a picture of where Jesus was born.
- Which Gift - Put the partial pictures in the correct square to reveal one of the gifts the wise men brought to Jesus.
- Which Gospel? (Older Children) - Identify which Gospel tell about each subject, M for Matthew, L for Luke, B for both, or N for none.
- Which Gospel? (Younger Children) - Identify which Gospel tell about each subject, M for Matthew, L for Luke, B for both, or N for none.
- Who Was There - Answer questions to discover which animals shared the stable with baby Jesus
- The Wise Men - Use the key to complete the verses about the wise men.
- Wise Men - Find the Difference - Find the differences in the two pictures of the wise men
- Wise Men Maze - Help the wise men through the camel maze to find Jesus
- Wise Men Maze - Help the wise men through the maze to baby Jesus
- The Wise Men Visit Jesus - Read the story then help the wise men through the maze to Bethlehem
- Wise Men Worship Jesus - Addition problems uncover the code to complete the sentences
- Word Search (The Story of Jesus' Birth) - Read the story of Jesus' birth and circle the words in red
- Word Search - The Birth of John the Baptist - Circle words from the story of the birth of John the Baptist
- You Are the Artist - Shepherds - Add shepherds, sheep, an angel, and a path to the baby Jesus to the picture
- You Are the Artist - Wisemen - Add wise men, gifts, stars and camels to the picture.
Read a Story
The Angel Talking to Zacharias
Read Luke 1:5-25
The Angel Talking to Mary
Read Luke 1:26-38
The Angel Talking to Joseph
Read Matthew 1:18-25
Elisabeth and the Birth of John
Read Luke 1:39-80
Read Luke 2:1-7
Read Luke 2:8-20
The Wise Men
Read Matt 2:1-12
Escape to Egypt
Read Matt 2:13-23
Simeon and Anna
Read Luke 2:21-38
Listen to a Story
Holy Land Tours
- Jericho to Jerusalem - Jesus is tempted in the wilderness, parable of the good Samaritan, the story of Jesus' birth, judges holding court at city gates, Abraham and Isaac sacrifice
- Nazareth - An angel speaks to Mary and Joseph, Jesus is baptized by John the Baptist, the angry mob and Jesus
- Petra - The wise men travel to meet baby Jesus, the gifts of the wise men