Putting God First
Sunday School Projects & Activities
- Bible Character's Prayers - Draw the name of a Bible character, tell about them, and then write or say a prayer they might have prayed
- David and Goliath - (young children) A measuring and comparing exercise that helps children undertand the size of Goliath
- David and Goliath (LEGOs®) - Matthew tells the story of David and Goliath using LEGOs and PowerPoint
- Help in Goal Setting - How do we put God first in our lives?
- Hezekiah's Strengths and Weaknesses - Read facts about Hezekiah and select what you feel are the 10 most important parts of his life
- Learning How to Pray - (3 to 5 year olds) Young children teach a doll or stuffed animal to pray
- Psalm Writing - A Psalm is a prayer to God, telling Him about what's happening in your life.
- Students Interview Esther - Dress up as Esther and let the students interview you to better understand the story. This activity includes interview questions you can print out for your students.
- Trusting and Listening to God
- Twenty Questions with Bible Characters - Students are given the name of a Bible character. They research the character at home. The next week they answer questions about that character while other students try to guess who they are.
- A Video Story of Esther - Three 11-year-old girls wrote a script of a modern day reporter interviewing Esther and her husband, the King. They gathered information from the book of Esther, the Apocrypha version of Esther that includes her prayers, and other resource books on Esther and the customs in those days of King Ahasuerus, her husband.
Fun & Games
Read a Story
Three Hebrew Boys
Read Daniel 3
Read Daniel 6
Tower of Babel
Read Genesis 11
Read I Chronicles 4:9-10
Read I Kings 17-II Kings 2
Read I Kings 3
Read I Samuel 1-2
Read I Samuel 17-20
Read I Samuel 3
Read II Kings 18-20
Read II Kings 2-13
Listen to a Story
Holy Land Tours
- Below the City - King Hezekiah's tunnel, Jesus heals blind man, Jesus heals man at the pool of Bethesda
- Meteora - The monks of Meteora put their faith in God above all else and save Christianity for themselves and the Greeks.